Interview with Dr Albert Theuwissen
Jun 18th, 2018 by SSCSChipChat
- Dr Albert Theuwissen is CEO and Founder of Harvest Imaging
- Since 2001 he has been a part-time professor at TU Delft where he coaches PhD students researching CMOS image sensors.
- He received his Ph.D. degree from KU Leuven in 1983.
- Worked at Philips Research Laboratories in Eindhoven where he became head of the department of Imaging Devices in 1991
- CTO at DALSA Corp and later Chief Scientist at DALSA Semiconductors
- He is a prolific researcher with 200+ technical papers and several patents to his name.
- His book 'Solid-State Imaging with Charge-Coupled Devices' (1995) is still considered one of the main text books in solid-state imaging.
- Together with his peers, Eric Fossum and Nobukazu Teranishi, he founded the International Image Sensor Society, a non-profit organization to stimulate sharing of technical knowledge in the field of digital image capturing.
- He has received the SMPTE's (Society for Motion Pictures and Television Engineers) Fuji Gold Medal for his contributions in research, development and education in the field of solid-state image capturing. In 2010 he was elected to be the 'Electronic Imaging Scientist of the Year'. In 2013 he received the Exceptional Service Award of IISS and in 2014 the SEMI Award.
- Harvest Imaging: http://www.harvestimaging.com/
- Harvest Imaging Blog: http://harvestimaging.com/blog/
- SSCS: https://sscs.ieee.org